NACTO (formally known as the National Association of Care & Training Organisations) was formed in 2001 as a loose federation, to promote quality of standards, uniformity of training methods, and share best practice. Since then it has grown into the organisation you see now.
To promote high standards, best practice and quality assurance in the Care & Training Sector and become a leading light in advancing training provision so The training Industry can feel confident in booking training from an approved or accredited member.
We intend to do this by:
- Sharing best practice and a forum for members to share knowledge and ideas
- Providing a complaints procedure for the care industry to use for our members
- Provide a system of inspection and support for members to ensure that they continue to offer a service to their client base that meets expectations
- Promote equality of opportunity in the delivery of service to clients
- Promote Health and Safety in training delivery
- Ensure that all files and records kept by members follow The Data Protection Act and best practice
- Promote good leadership and staff development to enhance quality of service